General license is granted to all exporters by the US government who meet certain categories of products. Individually validated license is a specific export license granted to the exporters from the authority of Export Administration Regulations of US government. This license is granted on case-by-case basis on export of some particular products.

It is necessary to determine that what kind of license you need while exporting from USA. This can be only determined by checking the kind of product being exported and its destination. Check the ECCN (Export Control Commodity Number) to determine in which category the particular commodity falls. To avoid any type of confusion, all exporters are always advised to consult US Department of Commerce’s Exporter Counseling Division. Remember that if you are looking to trade in USA market then you will have to get a separate license meant for wholesalers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.